A magical adventure in the Forest of Dorlindon...
... a fantasy realm to explore, while learning about native wildlife, acquiring bushcraft skills and practicing traditional arts and crafts.
Dorlindon is a Forest Kingdom hidden within the Wicklow Mountains, just south of the Sugar Loaf Mountain, off the N11 (exit Kilmacanogue), 20-45 minutes from Dublin.
The adventure includes a guided tour through the nature sanctuary and the Elven themed buildings and shrines. Walk over wooden bridges to lush islets within the lake and explore mysterious ponds and pools within the forest... There are also opportunities for side quests of:
- Pond dipping to discover a variety of native aquatic wildlife
- Firesafety and fire lighting techniques, tracking of wild animals, shelter making, and other bushcraft skills
- Traditional arts and crafts and artistic creation experience (i.e. Clay impressions, pine cone ornaments, nature weaving, twig and branch crafts, depending on season and material availability)
- Storytelling and music: beautiful traditional stories while interacting with musical chime-bars and percussion instruments
- There is a picnic area with seating and tables and toilet facility
- Up to 2.30 hours activity, (30 minutes food break - food not provided); 1 teacher/adult supervisor required for every group of up to 10 children - teachers/adults go free up to a maximum of 1 teacher every 10 children and each additional accompanying teacher/adult will be charged at the child rate